Restricted Access means to provide application access to certain business user during downtime. We have achieved this functionality by customizing the AppsLocalLogin.jsp (Login page).
How it works
After the restricted access is enabled then specific user will get a different or changed URL to login into application. However other users are not aware of this URL and when they will try to login into application then they will get a downtime message like:
System is down for patching activity and will not be available this weekend.
Here is the list of steps which we need to perform for enabling restricted access on Production environment.
1. Prepare a DownTime.html file, with necessary down time messages. This html page is to be displayed to the end user during down time. Put this file under $OA_HTML top.
2. Take backup of $OA_HTML/AppsLocalLogin.jsp file.
3. Edit the AppsLocalLogin.jsp and add the below code:
String checkMode = request.getParameter("
String theURL = "/OA_HTML/DownTime.html";
Above code is checking for parameter ReleaseCode that is passed through URL and if it is null then it will redirect to DownTime.html page.
4. For restricted access, we need to login with below URL to have production access:
5. To restrict the form server access i.e http://host.domain:port/
dev60cgi/f60cgi we need to perform below steps:
1. Edit the XML system context file which, after setting your environment, will be referenced by the environment variable $CONTEXT_FILE
2. Find the context variable called s_appserverid_authentication
3. This will currently be set to "OFF". Change the value to " SECURE " and save the file changes.
4. Run AutoConfig. The AutoConfig script is run as follows:
6. Bounce Apache.
To re enable normal access to application (Both forms and SSWA).
1. Restore the original AppsLocalLogin file.
2. Edit the XML system context file again and change the context variable “s_appserverid_authentication” to “OFF”
3. Run AutoConfig.
4. Bounce Apache.
There is one more way to achieve this functionality. Please refer to MOS Doc Id: 605538.1. Subject 11i - R12 - How to Lock Users Out Of E-Business Suite and Allow Specific Users
Also If you desire this functionality please ask oracle to add your request to Enhancement Request Bug 7356865.